LA Exodus is an annual, all-ages weekend retreat to the Palm Springs desert. It offers our community an opportunity to get away from the craziness of Los Angeles during the holiday season, and a chance to learn, reflect & relax together.
Friday, December 15 - Sunday, December 17, 2017
Ace Hotel Palm Springs
Program fee ($65 per person | $150 per family), includes:
- A Saturday night dinner that brings our whole group together.
- Programming for adults, kids and families. We have workshops and services during the day, plus live music, hiking, and more. Kids play and create with guidance from teachers from our Jewish Learning Center.
- Click here for 2016’s schedule of activities.
- Just Announced: Alison Laichter will be joining us as our Mystic-in-Residence! Alison is a semi-sweet, meditating, spiritual sassafrass. She’s also a consultant, facilitator, meditation teacher, urban planner, and former Brooklynite now based in San Diego. She has led gatherings, workshops, classes, and retreats for people of all ages throughout the world, including students and professors at Yale University, children and women at NYC homeless shelters, yogis at yoga studios coast to coast, social entrepreneurs in Jerusalem, humanitarian activists in Mumbai, and artists in Mexico City. She teaches regularly in California, including acting as the Mystic-in-Residence at the Skirball Cultural Center in Los Angeles.
- Call The Ace Hotel Palm Spring Reservation Desk (760 325-9900) and tell them you are with SIJCC and the LA Exodus group.
- Secured Group Room Rates are Here: Exodus_room_rates.pdf
- Don’t want to stay at the Ace? Book a hotel or Airbnb nearby.
- Other questions? Email Joel.
Whether you want to spend a weekend relaxing, connecting, or being outdoors with you kids or with other adults, LA Exodus has everything you’re looking for. We offer activities throughout the day for ages 2+. Whether you’re looking for reflective workshops and discussion, arts activities, movies, pool & hot tub time, yoga, or a cozy nap during an amazing sound bath, this weekend is for you. Participate in as much or as little of the programming as you like -- it’s your retreat!
You can enjoy all of Palm Springs, get a ridiculously good price for staying at the Ace Hotel, swim, laugh, learn, drink, and connect with your community. Make sure to catch one of our notorious late night hot tub hangs.
We have amazing programming and supervision for kids of all ages, so you can know where they are, give them a communal, and Jewishly rooted experience, all while sipping cocktails by the pool at the Ace Hotel. (Oh, and also hang with your kids when you want to.)
Whatever your reasons for coming, we’ll be there and we want to hang out with you in the desert! We’re scouting new hikes and brilliant teachers to create grounding experiences for you to make this a special weekend.
"LA Exodus is a December oasis: a weekend of calm in the middle of a crazy season. The SIJCC’s programming offers the perfect balance of community connection and personal time. Last year I loved hiking in the golden light of the desert hills, late nights talking in the hot tub, and getting deep with alternative spiritual experiences like listening to meditative, ambient sounds of Craig Wedren and Brian Griffith on Saturday night. (The Ace’s food and booze also did the trick.) Exodus is an escape from everything exhausting, and the perfect chance to reconnect with your self and your community before ringing in the new year."
- Matt Epstein, East Side Jew
"LA Exodus is different each year, yet it is always a coming together, a collection of kindred spirits, a time to set aside the stress of daily life, a time to relax and reflect and rejoice in the beautiful desert. Participate in as much or as little as you like...spiritual teachings, swimming, crafts, hiking, communal eating, yoga, meeting new friends, spending time with old. I especially love how my kids find friends and have their own experiences. The setting is ideal for letting go and taking in."
- Meredith Wick, JLC parent