Down To The River
Saturday, September 15th
Lewis MacAdams Riverfront Park- 2944 Gleneden St
$40 per person - Catering by Dune and Open Wine Bar
Tickets Click HERE
Join us for the East Side Jews’ 7th annual pilgrimage down to the LA River. It will be an evening of fun, food, storytelling, community, and connection.
Our Program will feature:
• Body movement exercise led by Amie Segal
• A story of redemption from Thurston MacAffee
• Re-live a moment of "letting go" with a story from Alexander Nemser
• Walk to the banks of the river to perform our version of the Jewish ritual of Tashlich.lead by Rabbi Susan Goldberg
• Experience the ceremony accompanied by Mind Travel, a musical experience from composer and pianist Murray Hidray
Following the program, the evening will end with Havdalah and song.
Live jazz music from the Nathan Serot Quartet. Explore our interactive art installations, including AtoneTent (a piece from our Days of Awesome artist in residency), Animal Card Reading with Nikki Nachum and the Reboot 10Q booth.
Down to the River is open to adults 21 and up and costs $40 per person. Come connect, create, and celebrate this distinctly ESJ experience and tradition with us.
*Program Co-Produced by The Living Room and Amie Segal
This is the 2nd of our three part event series for the Jewish High Holidays that we call Days Of Awesome